Tea has become an indispensable drink in people’s lives. As early as the Shennong era more than 4,700 years ago, people found that fresh tea can detoxify. Since then, as tea has been widely consumed, it has been found that it not only benefits cardiovascular health, but also prevents cancer and delays aging. However, the benefits of drinking tea are much more than that.
1. The benefits of drinking tea that you do n’t know
Drinking tea is good for your body and mind. It is well known that tea polyphenols, caffeine, lipopolysaccharide, and multiple vitamins contained in tea can play a health and pharmacological role.
1. Improve muscle endurance. Studies have found that tea contains an antioxidant called catechins, which can increase the body’s ability to burn fat, improve muscle endurance, help fight fatigue, and increase physical exercise time.
2. Resist ultraviolet rays. Tea polyphenols are water-soluble substances. Washing your face with tea can clear the greasy face and constrict pores. It has the functions of disinfection, sterilization and anti-aging of the skin. It also helps to reduce the damage of ultraviolet rays to the skin in sunlight. It is a natural “sunscreen cream” “.
3. Keep the figure. The discussion about tea in “Compendium of Materia Medica” in the Tang Dynasty once mentioned “long eating is thin”, which is confirmed by modern scientific research. The caffeine in tea can promote gastric juice secretion, help digestion, and enhance the body’s ability to break down fat. Foreign studies have also shown that drinking tea regularly can reduce waist circumference and lower body mass index (BMI), which can help prevent diabetes and cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
4. Protect against radiation. Foreign research shows that tea polyphenols and their oxides can absorb some radioactive substances, protect cells from radiation damage, and also help repair damaged cells. Clinical studies have shown that tea extract can treat mild radiation sickness caused by cancer patients in the course of radiation therapy. It can reduce blood cells and leukocytes caused by radiation, and the effect is very good.
5. Improve memory. Tea polyphenols help the brain to make local adjustments, improve memory, and improve learning efficiency. Foreign studies have confirmed that drinking tea can prevent and treat neurological diseases, especially cognitive impairment in the elderly. In addition, caffeine can stimulate the central nervous system, which has the effect of refreshing, benefiting and purifying the mind.
6. Improve bone density. Although tea contains caffeine, which promotes the loss of calcium with urination, the content is extremely low. Even black tea with high caffeine content is only 30 to 45 mg per cup. In fact, more content in tea is to help reduce calcium loss, including fluorine, phytoestrogens and potassium. A Taiwan study found that people who drink tea often have higher bone density and a lower probability of hip fracture.
Second, how do different people choose tea
1. Commonly drink green tea in the brain. According to reports, green tea can help fight cancer and prevent cancer, lower blood fat, and prevent atherosclerosis. Green tea is suitable for workers who are often exposed to toxic substances or in severe air pollution environments. The effective ingredients in green tea can protect these groups of people; suitable for smokers and alcoholics, it is helpful for detoxification and sobering; Suitable for young people in vigorous development period; suitable for mental workers, can improve the agility of the brain, keep the mind clear and full of energy for a long time, is conducive to enhancing thinking ability, judgment ability and memory ability; suitable for people with yin deficiency constitution ; Suitable for people with weight loss and beauty needs. When pregnant women drink green tea, it is better to use a milder tea soup.
2. Regular sports drink black tea. Black tea is warm, suitable for people with weak health, but also suitable for sports people and manual laborers. Pregnant women should drink black tea 1-2 months before delivery and after giving birth.
3. Want to lose weight and drink green tea. Green tea (Oolong tea) has the effects of lowering blood fat, preventing atherosclerosis and prolonging life. It is suitable for people who are obese, who want to lose weight and beauty, and also for sports people; it is suitable for people who mainly eat meat and helps digestion ; Suitable for people with yang deficiency and spleen and stomach deficiency.
4, often eat cattle and sheep and drink black tea. Black tea is suitable for people who mainly eat meat and eat more beef and mutton all year round. It is beneficial to promote fat digestion; it is also suitable for people who lose weight. In some ethnic minorities and border areas of China, it is often used to drink brick tea, cake tea, Pu’er tea and other post-fermented pressed teas, which is related to their eating habits.
5. Poor mood to drink flower tea. Huacha is suitable for people who have overworked brains, helps to relieve depression and refresh; suitable for people with yang deficiency and spleen and stomach deficiency; suitable for menstrual and menopausal women, it can relieve irritability of temperament, relieve liver and depression, regulate qi and menstruation .
6. Feces dry drink cassia. Cassia seeds go to the large intestine meridian, which has the effect of laxative intestines and laxatives. Often drinking cassia tea can also help lower blood fat. For daily health care, 15 grams of fried cassia or crushed cassia can be used directly to drink tea; those with habitual constipation can use 10 to 15 grams of fried cassia seeds, add 300 to 400 ml of water and cook for 10 minutes, and add 20 to 30 grams of honey Mix well and take sooner or later. However, those with weak spleen and stomach, loose stools and diarrhea should be used with caution.
7. Liver Huowang drinks chrysanthemum. Many people often have dizziness, mouth pain, chapped skin, sores on the tongue, and grumpy temperament. This is mostly caused by liver fire. The chrysanthemum has the functions of calming wind and clearing heat, clearing liver and eyesight, nourishing liver and reducing fire, and can relieve symptoms such as bitter mouth, headache, sore throat. For Pingganhuo, it is best to choose Hangbaiju or Fetus Ju (that is, the unopened buds of Hangbaiju). When brewing chrysanthemum tea, just use boiling water at about 100 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes. Continue to boil the water when you have only 1/3 of the juice left.
Third, different tea brewing methods
1. Green tea: brew with 80 ℃ ~ 85 ℃ water, drink now. Green tea belongs to non-fermented tea, and the more common ones include West Lake Longjing and Biluochun. This type of tea is relatively delicate and is not suitable for freshly boiled water. 80 ℃ ~ 85 ℃ is suitable. The ratio of tea to water is 1:50. The brewing time is 2 ~ 3 minutes. . If the brewing temperature is too high or the time is too long, the polyphenols will be destroyed, and the tea soup will not only turn yellow, but also the aromatic substances in it will be volatilized and lost. Porcelain cups are best for brewing green tea. When brewing, first moisten the tea leaves with 1/4 water, and then drink the water after 20 seconds or half a minute. The green tea is generally not covered, otherwise the tea soup will turn yellow.
2. Black tea: first scald the cup with hot water, then brew with boiling water. Black tea is a fully fermented tea. Commonly known are high-end kung fu tea and red crushed tea. Unlike green tea, high water temperature soaking can promote the dissolution of beneficial ingredients. Therefore, it is best to use freshly boiled water to make black tea. The water consumption is equivalent to that of green tea. The brewing time is preferably 3 to 5 minutes. The high-end tea time can be brewed 3 to 4 times, and the red crushed tea can be brewed 1 to 1. 2 times. Black tea is best brewed in a glass, so that you can enjoy the rolling and stretching of the tea in the water. The specific method can use the medium casting method, first pour about 1/10 of the hot water in the cup, then put 3 to 5 grams of tea leaves, and then pour water along the glass wall for brewing. Cover the black tea to make the tea more intense.
3. Oolong tea: brewed with boiling water many times. Oolong tea is semi-fermented tea, such as Tieguanyin and Dahongpao. It is best to use professional zisha pots or bowls for making oolong tea, and be sure to use boiling water at 100 ° C. The amount of oolong tea leaves is relatively large, basically half or more of the pots or bowls used. When brewing oolong tea, there is a boiling kettle on the side. When the water is boiled, it is washed immediately. The first bubble should be poured. Use the poured water to moisten all the cups, and then pour boiling water to brew. Oolong tea can be brewed many times, and good quality can be brewed 7 to 8 times, each brewing time from short to long, preferably 2 to 5 minutes.
4. Black tea: Wash the tea first, then brew with boiling water. Black tea is post-fermented tea, and it can still be naturally aged over time in storage. Within a certain period of time, it has the characteristics of more mature and more fragrant. Black tea, represented by Pu’er tea, must also use 100 ° C boiling water when brewing. To brew black tea for the first time, it takes 10 to 20 seconds to quickly wash the tea, that is, put the tea leaves in a cup, pour boiling water, after a while, pour the water, then pour boiling water, and close the lid. This not only filters out the impurities of the tea, but also makes the brewed tea soup more mellow. The subsequent brewing time is usually 2 to 3 minutes. Pu’er tea is generally brewed with professional tea sets, including purple clay pots and bowls and cups. The amount of tea is generally twice that of green tea.
Finally, in order to maintain the aroma of tea, it is best to use “soft water” with low metal ion content, such as pure water and high-quality mineral water.
Four or ten kinds of tea, do n’t drink it anymore
1, spoiled tea
Tea is not easy to keep properly, easy to absorb moisture and moldy, and some people are reluctant to discard the moldy tea out of love for tea saving. The spoiled tea contains a lot of harmful substances and germs, which is absolutely not drinkable. If the high-quality tea is left for a long time after being brewed, the tea soup will also deteriorate due to oxidation and microorganisms, and such tea can not be consumed anymore.
2. First tea
Because modern tea leaves are inevitably contaminated by pesticides, fertilizers, dust and other substances during the cultivation, processing and packaging. Toudao tea is actually tea-washing water, and it should be washed into boiling water as soon as possible, so that the brewed tea is the most hygienic tea.
3, burnt tea
Frozen tea leaves have lost their nutrients and taste bad.
4, long-time tea
If the brewing time is too long, the tea polyphenols, lipids and aromatic substances in the tea can be automatically oxidized. Not only the tea soup has dark color, poor taste, low fragrance, and it loses the taste value; but also because of the vitamin C, vitamin P and amino acids in the tea It is reduced by oxidation, which greatly reduces the nutritive value of the tea soup. At the same time, because the tea soup is left for too long, it is polluted by the surrounding environment, and the number of microorganisms (bacteria and straight bacteria) in the tea soup is large, which is very unhygienic.
5. Cold tea
Tea should be served hot and humid, cold tea has the disadvantages of stagnant cold and phlegm. That is to say, warm tea and hot tea can make people feel refreshed and clear, while cold tea has the side effects of stagnating cold and gathering phlegm on the body.
6, hot tea
Tea is usually brewed with high-temperature water, but it cannot be consumed when the water temperature is too hot. Too hot tea is more irritating to the throat, esophagus and stomach. If you drink too hot tea for a long time, it may cause lesions of these organs. According to foreign studies, those who often drink tea at a temperature above 62oC are more likely to have a stomach wall damage and are prone to stomach problems. The temperature of drinking tea should be below 56oC.
7, skewered tea
Some smells are poisonous, such as paint, camphor, etc.
8, strong tea
Strong tea contains a lot of caffeine, theophylline, etc. It is very irritating. Drinking strong tea can cause insomnia, headache, tinnitus and dizziness, and it is not good for the stomach. Some people will have a vomiting feeling after drinking.
9. Overnight tea
Especially changed tea, even if it still can’t be tasted, most of them breed and multiply a lot of bacteria. Because tea contains a lot of protein, most of it is not dissolved in hot water, and remains in the leaves. . After being left overnight, there will be an enzyme bacteria generated in the tea. A large amount of tannic acid remaining will become a strong irritating oxide, causing irritation to the stomach and intestines, causing inflammation. Therefore, overnight tea is not suitable for drinking.
Such as: overnight tea is rich in acid and fluoride, which can prevent capillary bleeding; if suffering from stomatitis, tongue pain, warm rash, bleeding gums, skin bleeding, sores and sores, it can be treated with overnight tea; red eyes or regular eyes appear Tears, wash your eyes with overnight tea many times a day, can work wonders; every morning and after brushing your teeth or after eating, including a few mouthfuls of overnight tea, not only can make your breath fresh, but also the effect of fixing teeth, and so on.
10. The elderly should not drink raw tea
The so-called raw tea refers to the roasted green tea that is dried directly without twisting after killing the green. The appearance of this tea is natural and verdant, and the contained ingredients are basically the same as the compounds contained in the fresh leaves. The low-boiling alditol compounds have little conversion and volatilization, and the fragrance has a serious green gas. The elderly drink this green tea, which is very irritating to the gastric mucosa, and it is easy to cause stomach pain after drinking. Young people will also feel stomach upset after drinking, which is commonly known as “scratching the stomach.” If you buy this kind of raw tea by mistake, it is best not to drink it directly. You can put it in a non-greasy iron pan, slowly fry it with a simmer, roast to remove the green gas, and then drink it after a slight chestnut aroma is produced.